Sihouetteofalady

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines Day Is In The Air. .



Valentines day is looming and everyone is busy making romantic plans with the one they love. I have never been into Valentines day but that said it goes without saying that the day is a lot more enjoyable and easy to be excited about, if you have a man in your life. This year Valentines day will be spent with two of my closest friends, a sort of anti-valentines day if you will. 

Personally, I am not the romantic type and I believe that it takes time and strength to establish real love. Today I watched a movie that illustrated everything I have gone through and in a sense showed the journey of self discovery I have been on over the past two years in little under two hours. It posed the question, do you have to love yourself before anyone can love you, or do you have to learn to love others to love yourself? 

It is different for everyone, however I wholeheartedly believe that you need to know and love every part of yourself before you can gain the strength and be comfortable to let someone else in. So whether you are alone or with someone this Valentines day, celebrate the love you have for yourself because loving yourself and being comfortable in your own skin can give you more strength than anything else in the world. 





No comments:

Post a Comment